Sunday, August 19, 2007

Virginian Small Farmers Meet-Up


First stop Charlottesville, Virginia. My formidable contact, Misty, invited us along to the Virginia Small Farmers Association meeting. This involved some organic speeches and the most amazing potluck dinner I've ever been to. Free range organic meats, fresh collard greens, grits, stews and the incomparable Ohio Amish Raw Cheddar. Our soon to be new friend Annie, food grower and Chinese herbalist, is standing right behind me. Right before I turned around and met her most likely!


Did I mention that Charlottsville has a great local food culture? Farmers markets, Community Supported Agriculture schemes and most of their restaurants have some local food special, like Artisanale Bacon. Which is bacon made by local artisans, I believe.

No comments: